Apprenticeship Programme

Become an apprentice

Whether it’s helping someone to buy their first home, or to save for their children’s future, or providing peace of mind that, should anything happen to them, their loved ones will be provided for – working in financial services can be both exciting and rewarding.

The financial service industry is one of constant change – but what doesn’t change, is the fundamentals on which it is built, and that is to make sure people have access to the advice and the products they need to build for a secure and happy future.

A career in financial services can be extremely rewarding. Whether you want to train to become a fully qualified financial adviser, or mortgage adviser, or whether you would prefer to become a paraplanner and provide the support and research required to ensure consumers get the very best service, then an apprenticeship could be the ideal route for you.

Becoming an apprentice

Whether you’re looking to upskill in your current career, or you’re totally new to the world of financial advice, our apprenticeship programmes offer a flexible route to achieving this.

Successful candidates must commit to the full study programme and must spend 20% of their working week studying towards the apprenticeship standard with a structured learning plan. The remaining 80% of the working week will be spent learning the on-the-job skills required to pass the course.

Learning

Once you enrol onto the apprenticeship, you will work with both your employer and your Apprenticeship Manager to establish a bespoke learning programme. This will provide you with a complete programme to ensure you learn all you can throughout your apprenticeship, whether this is from mentoring, attending events or simply reading the material we make available.

Studying

One of the key parts of your apprenticeship will be to work towards the relevant qualification. This will require you to study for, and pass, various exams throughout your course.

Once you have completed your exams, you will be required to produce a portfolio of evidence to show your learning as you head towards your end point assessment which, on completion, will mean you are signed off and ready to go!

Course duration: 18-24 Months

Costs and funding

All our apprenticeships are up 95% funded, with the remaining 5% funded by your employer. The funding covers the cost for NMBA to deliver the training in line with the relevant apprenticeship standard and does not include the salary or wage paid by your employer.

 

Our apprenticeship programmes

 

Join NMBA today

If you’re interested in our apprenticeship programme, you’ll need to register to become an NMBA member.

It’s free to join and you’ll have access to all of our events, webinars, outsourcing solutions, business development support, and a range of other resources.

All of our dedicated support is designed to help you run a profitable and successful business.

Register now for free