Apprenticeship Programme

FAQs

Whether you’re looking to hire an apprentice, or embark on a new career path as an apprentice, we have answered all your most frequently asked questions.

How does the apprentice programme work?

Successful candidates welcomed onto the programme will be fully supported with training and mentoring from NMBA, with some courses qualifying for up to 100% government funding.

Apprentices will split their time between studying, approximately 20% of their working week, with the remaining 80% dedicated to working in a relevant role to support their learning and development.

At the end of the programme, graduates will receive an industry recognised qualification from the Chartered Insurance Institute.

Can anyone apply?

Employers will need to apply to NMBA on behalf of their apprentice. If you’re interested in becoming an apprentice but don’t currently have a suitable employer, contact the NMBA team who can offer help.

Entry requirements for each course are:

Qualifications: 5 GCSE’s A-C Grades (Including Maths and English)

Criteria: Be a UK citizen or resident in the UK for the past three years

Age Eligibility: 16 – 65

Job Role: Be employed for 30 hours per week minimum

What funding is available?

All our apprenticeship programmes are up to 100% funded.

Will an apprentice take up all of my time?

If you hire an apprentice, NMBA will provide you with complete support and your apprentice will receive all the training materials, study support and exam revision they need.

You’ll still be required to train your apprentice, as you would any new employee so they understand your firm’s processes, value and culture. You should find that as they become more skilled in their role, they take over more of the office workload and free up more of your valuable time.

Still got questions?

If you have any more questions, please contact the NMBA team who’ll be more than happy to assist you.

Contact Us

 

Our apprenticeship programmes

 

Join NMBA today

If you’re interested in our apprenticeship programme, you’ll need to register to become an NMBA member.

It’s free to join and you’ll have access to all of our events, webinars, outsourcing solutions, business development support, and a range of other resources.

All of our dedicated support is designed to help you run a profitable and successful business.

Register now for free