Apprenticeship Programme

Mortgage Adviser Apprenticeship Programme

Buying a home is possibly the biggest purchase anyone will make in their lifetime, which is why people rely on the expertise of mortgage advisers to help them find the best possible deal on a mortgage and other products related to purchasing a property.

Mortgage advisers must confidently navigate this market and the associated products, to deliver the best advice and outcome for clients.

Why become a mortgage adviser?

Once you’re qualified, you’ll be on a path for a highly rewarding career, helping people achieve their property goals.

Where your career takes you, is within your control. You may want to work for a large corporation such as a bank, be part of a smaller firm, or set up your own firm.

Operating in a highly regulated environment, you’ll be challenged with remaining at the forefront of industry advances, and have a life-long passion for professional development.

You’ll be required to obtain professional qualifications, demonstrate a high degree of integrity, and adhere to a code of ethics.

Whether you’re looking to upskill in your current career, or you’re totally new to the world of mortgage advice, the Mortgage Adviser Apprenticeship Programme is the flexible route to achieving your goals.

Successful candidates must commit to the full study programme, and must spend 20% of their working week studying towards the apprenticeship standard with a structured learning plan. The remaining 80% of the working week will be spent learning on-the-job skills required to pass the course.



Entry requirements

Qualifications: 5 GCSE’s A-C Grades (Including Maths and English)

Criteria: Be an EEA Citizen and have been ordinarily resident within an EEA country for the previous 3 years (as at the first day of the apprenticeship)

Age Eligibility: 16 – 65

Job Role: Be in paid employment for 30 hours per week minimum


Course overview

Qualification: LIBF CeMap Qualification

Duration: 15 months

Assessment: CeMap consists of 3 exams which include multiple choice questions, followed by a case study linked assessment. End Point Assessment will include a video recorded role play and a portfolio of evidence


Costs and funding

All our apprenticeships are up 95% funded.

The funding covers the cost for NMBA to deliver the training in line with the relevant apprenticeship standard and does not include the salary or wage of your employee.

How to apply

We are currently closed to new applications as all our courses are full. However, if you’d like to be notified when a new course opens, please register your interest.

Register your interest


I’m interested in an apprenticeship but don’t have an employer

If you’re interested in becoming an apprentice but aren’t currently employed in a relevant role, the team at NMBA can help you to find a suitable employer. At this time, the apprenticeship programme is closed to new applications. However, if you’d like to be notified when a new course opens, please register your interest.

Register your interest’


You may also be interested in


Join NMBA today

If you’re interested in our apprenticeship programme, you’ll need to register to become an NMBA member.

It’s free to join and you’ll have access to all of our events, webinars, outsourcing solutions, business development support, and a range of other resources.

All of our dedicated support is designed to help you run a profitable and successful business.

Register now for free